Follow several Michiana women who are ready to improve their health with the Go Red BetterU Heart Healthy Makeover Challenge. They will address their unique health obstacles as they take the 12-week challenge. By using BetterU, a free online tool that provides resources and tools, and receiving support from a team of experts, the women will be on their way to leading longer, healthier lives. Why not join BetterU today so you, too, can become a BetterU!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

On the homestretch...

Hi all,
This week will be week 11.  I’m on the homestretch of this 12 week journey.  My personal goal was to lose 30 pounds in this 12 week journey.  I will not meet this, but will come close.  I could be very upset and angry with myself.  But I am not.  Why you are asking?  Well, there are several reasons – 1. I learned the number on the scale is NOT ruling my life.  2.  I learned that food is my addiction and I may cave on some days — and that is OK to do (as long as I get right back on my journey).  3.  I learned the importance of scheduling regular physical activity into my busy life.  4.  I learned I CAN and DO make healthy food choices while dining out, along with making healthier dishes at home.  5.  I learned that changing my lifestyle takes lots of work and time and lastly 6.  I learned I am STRONG ENOUGH AND AM DOING THIS!!!!!
As you can see, along with help from some pros and therapy I am definitely on the right track to change my life.  My long term goal is to lose 90 pounds by March 1 of next year.  Very doable in my book.
My March goal was to lose 15 pounds.  I did fall short.  I lost 8 pounds.  But you know, 2 pounds/ week is not bad at all.  I accept that an am proud.
The past several weeks have been absolutely nutso at work. As a result, I did not get to the gym as much as I wanted.  My goal this week is to get in 300 cardio minuues in.  This goal I know I can reach.  My second goal this week is to keep a close eye on my daily caloric intake.  I have been hungry at night and was told by one of my coaches I am probably not eating enough calories throughout the day.
On May 3rd, I have my makeover and unveiling.  I am excited about this and can’t wait!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can attend….  I have a business meeting/training session in Baltimore on May 2nd.  I will be trying to get home the night of May 2nd so I can make this on the 3rd.  I really don’t want to miss out on this!
Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!!

No comments: